Friday, March 12, 2010

Balloons for Papa!

Last weekend, we went to Wellesley for a baby shower
given for Mommy & Auntie Tania hosted by Aunt Julia and Dabada! (It was nice to be "showered" again after four babies.)

Aunt Trina was there and brought these big giant balloons.
We brought a few home with us and Mary asked me
if we could send them up to heaven to be with Papa!
Great idea, Mimi!
So we printed big letters on each one to spell out P-A-P-A.
The girls had great fun kissing the balloons goodbye, sending them up to heaven & watching them disappear into the bright sky.
Ania is almost stunned with excitement...
...Mimi is so proud that her idea was such a popular one...
...and it was a really sweet moment for me when I realized that this might be our little way of letting Papa "Tom" know that we are having another baby!

1 comment:

janina said...

Sharon...your post brought me to tears. First I want to thank Marysienka for her wonderful idea. How sweet of you Mary to think about Papa, and you were so little when Papa left us. I often think how proud Papa would be, to see you girls grow and live such a beautiful, musical life. Ania, you were right in looking so amazed at all the balloons going up to Papa.
I love you girls.
Dabada